Bible Verses
New Bible Verses

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Amoebic Dysentery

               The house where my family lived before was located in a place where safe water was scarce. We fetched water from a  mountain source which passed through a long line of bamboo poles.  Many of the families were getting drinking water from that source.
               I contacted amoebic dysentery.  Good that no one among my children got it.  It was a painful experience.  I told my doctor about it and he advised me to eat okra or saluyot aside from taking the antibiotics and pain reliever that he prescribed. . He , too, became sick of amoebic dysentery.  Okra gathers these tiny organisms  in our stomach and dispose them through our wastes. I bought okra, boiled them and ate them. My young children were not used to eating them but I told them the benefits of eating okra. And they began eating okra. Try it.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment