Bible Verses
New Bible Verses

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A trip to Camiguin, Philippines

            Last May 21, my husband and I went to Camiguin, my home province, to attend the wedding of my niece, Janise. to Rey Roselim. The house where I stayed belonged to our late parents.  My sister and her family live with them when   they     were still living . They made some repairs on the house and it now looks good. Manang Nening's son is the caretaker of our inherited land  located   near our house  The land is not yet subdivided among us. We are all seven children.
           I took some pictures of  beautiful spots of the province. Camiguin  is  an island found in the northern part of Cagayan De Oro City. Philippines.It is a place  worth visiting again , hence,  Camiguin  is  " Come again . The day after the wedding, we toured the island  and stopped at some tourist spots  to take a bath. The Ardent Hot Spring is one of the places I visited again. There is a set of pools. One of the pools has a temperature of 39 degrees Celsius where many believed to have a healing effect on swimmers who suffered from some ailments. The water flows down the mountain and yet it never runs out of hot water. Next on our itinerary is the Sto. Nino Cold Spring, so cold that I could not stay in the water longer than 10 minutes. The island of Camiguin is a favorite tourists destination and I am glad that I was born there.
      The Ardent Hot Spring. On the right is the writer sitting on   
      the    rock.  The pool has    a temperature    of      39 degrees
      Celsius. Lukewarm water is found at the   left and  the upper
    middle   pool has  flowing    water   at normal temperature.

Benoni Port.  The parcel of land which we inherited
ia located on top of a hill fronting the port



The Island of Mantigue as viewed from Mahinog, one of the
    towns of Camiguin

Coconut trees are planted on our lot.
The beautiful island of Camiguin

     
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment